Similar to personal training, private or semi-private yoga sessions are designed to meet the specific needs of the client. These relaxed sessions at Thrive give you the opportunity to explore and experience a class that targets your ability and goals. Private instruction lets you work with one of our highly trained instructors on what makes sense for you. Because these hour-long sessions are only about you (or you and your person), you can create a strong foundation for a group practice, work on postures in depth and learn to practice safely without injury.
Private/Semi-Private Yoga is very helpful if:
- You are a beginner and want to learn correct postures without getting intimidated or feeling nervous by group setting.
- You want to deepen your practice and work towards specific goals (balance, stamina )
- Working on specific issues (tight heaps, hamstrings, sore joints)
- You have health issues (arthritis, depression, insomnia) or injuries (knee, shoulder, back)
- You want to develop a yoga practice that you can do at home
- You want to increase your mental focus.
- You would like to incorporate yoga into your weight-loss or strength training program.
Pilates is a method of intelligent exercise that works to strengthen and stabilize the joints and the spine. If you have no idea where to start, private or semi-private sessions are available to help get you started or to prepare you for group classes.
Private/Semi-Private Pilates is very helpful if:
- You have a bad back – Pilates will help to strengthen the abdominals which support the spine. We’ll also strengthen the muscles that move the spine – within your body’s limitations.
- You are recovering from an illness or an injury – Pilates is the perfect next step during recovery or after completing physical therapy. We work to promote healthy, safe, range of motion in the joints by strengthening the muscles that surround the joints, allowing them to function optimally while staying safe.
- You have flexibility issues – Pilates will help to develop appropriate flexibility.
- You are an athlete – Pilates improves performance by strengthening the core and optimizing movement patterns.
- You are just beginning – With pilates, we educate the mind and teach the body how to move safely and effectively. We work to unlearn some of those bad habits that can cause injury (hunched shoulders, slouched back…). The patterns we learn in Pilates will keep us safe whether we’re working out or carrying the groceries. Each movement is modifiable for all fitness levels.
Small Group Classes (up to 4 people)
Perfect for employees, teams, teachers, faculty, staff, churches and really any other small group looking to book a class together with a specific time and focus. Reap the benefits of yoga, pilates, barre, cardio, strength etc. through customized lesson plans and share the cost amongst each participant.